Here are great scholarship opportunities for International Students to study in Canada. The Government of Canada has launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students & establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning.
Vanier Scholars demonstrate or Show leadership skills and high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and/or humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Requirements: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD level at Canadian universities and Scholarships are available to study any of courses offered by the Canadian universities.
Scholarship Award: Each Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year which is non renewable.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada & foreign citizens are eligible to apply for a Vanier CGS.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must have:
- be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2018 (see calculating months of doctoral studies below);
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average, and
- must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- English Language Requirements
The Application procedure for this scholarship is online. Follow the links below to apply for this scholarships.
Apply via online or check out the scholarship details on : Official Website
Scholarships Due date: November 1,
Next Scholarship: University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students in Canada