PhD / Doctoral Research
Field of study: Any field of study offered by the university enrolled.
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free)
Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
Eligible Nationality: International Students worldwide .The NZIDRS is a prestigious, highly competitive scholarship. It is awarded based on academic excellence and the benefit of the candidate’s proposed research to New Zealand. Recipients of this award will have an academic record placing them within the top 5% of PhD candidates worldwide.
Eligibility: In order to apply for the NZIDRS you must meet ALL five eligibility criteria.
These criteria are non-negotiable.
- You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 01 July
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
Recipients can undertake PhD study at any of New Zealand’s eight Universities, all of which rank within the world’s top 500:
AUT University, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington.
How to apply for this scholarship
You must first enroll in one of the eligible New Zealand University before your apply for this scholarship. The Mode of the application process for this scholarship is online. Any interested student can apply for this scholarship online on the link below. Apply online Now visit : Official Website
Scholarship due date: End of August annually
Next Scholarship: University of Southern California Asia Pacific Scholarships