1. New Zealand Development (Government) Scholarships
2. Commonwealth Scholarships
Any interested students from Zimbabwe can apply for this scholarships.
Fields of Study
Zimbabwe students can study
- Postgraduate Certificate (6 months)
- Postgraduate Diploma (1 year)
- Masters Degree (1 – 2 years)
English Language Training
As part of your New Zealand Development Scholarship, short term English language training (New Zealand based) may also be offered to enable candidates to meet English language proficiency conditions. Details will be provided to successful applicants.
Candidates must meet all the scholarship eligibility criteria including:
Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
Be a citizen of the country from which you are applying for a scholarship and have resided in that country for at least the last two years.
Agree to return to your home country for a minimum of two years on completion of the scholarship.
Scholarships Due Date
This scholarships application deadly is end of July every year (annually).
How to Apply
- Check if you’re eligible.
- If yes, decide the type of institution and qualification that is right for you.
- Apply for an Offer of Place (admission) at your preferred New Zealand institution. For most courses you will be able to apply online.
- Once you have a confirmed Offer of Place, download and complete all sections of the New Zealand Scholarship application form
- Attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae
- Attach your IELTS or TOEFL certificate, if required (for more information or if you do not have a current IELTS or TOEFL certificate, please refer to FAQs)
- Write and attach your two 500 word essays (as per the requirements detailed on the application form) and, for masters research candidates, your research proposal.
- Obtain three references (as per the requirements detailed on the application form)
- Obtain certified copies of all required supporting documentation (as per the requirements detailed on the application form)
- Submit 2 copies of your completed application form, with all attachments and supporting documents (including an Offer of Place) by the deadline specified for the scholarship type you selected and send to the address noted at the top of this page to arrive by the deadline.
Visit the official website to get application forms and information >> Apply Now