Australian Government Scholarships for Philippines
Australia provides scholarships called Australian Awards to the Government and people of Philippines. The scholarship assistance helps promote prosperity, reduce poverty, and
enhance political stability in the Philippines.
Applicants to this scholarships are assessed for their professional and personal qualities, academic competence and, most importantly, their potential to impact on development challenges in the Philippines.
Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people
with disability and other marginalised groups.
Priority fields of study
The priority areas of study for the Philippines are:
• Basic Education
• Social Protection/Welfare
• Peace and Development
• Public Financial Management
• Disaster Risk Reduction and Management
• Organisation Development/Human Resource
Management and Development
• Trade and Local Economic Development
• Foreign Relations
• Mining and Mining-related fields.
The governments of Australia and the Philippines regularly
review these areas of study together, and adjust the
emphasis of the program. Detailed information on priority
areas of study can be found at:
Application dates are usually
Opening date: 1 February every year
Closing date: 31 August every year.
Applications or supporting documents received after the
closing date will not be considered.
The application process
All online applications should be lodged through
Applicants must submit their application together with all the
relevant supporting documents listed in the Australia Awards
Philippines website, including:
• Curriculum Vitae/Resume using the template from
• Transcript of records and Diploma(s) of completed
• Certification of the Grade Point Average/General
• National Bureau of Investigation clearance for