United States Fulbright Scholarships for Vanuatu Students
US Fulbright Scholarships for Vanuatu Students
The United State William Fulbright Graduate Scholarship Program is funded by the United State Government for citizens of Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, and Vanuatu and is now calling for application. This scholarship pays for up to two years of graduate study in the United States. Vanuatu students can apply for this scholarship to study in the United State.
Study Program or Field of Study
Study programs are available in the following field. Only Postgraduate studies are available.
- Public Administration
Vanuatu students who are successful in this their application process will be eligible for the following benefits.
- Full Tuition Fees
- Roundtrip transportation funding (Air tickets, bus fares etc)
- Health Insurance Allowance
- Stipend (monthly)
- Research fundings
• Applicants must be citizens of PNG , Solomon Islands, and Vanuatu and currently reside in these countries
• Applicants must have a four-year bachelor’s degree (undergraduate) and a strong academic background demonstrated by their post-secondary transcripts
• Applicants must have a minimum have two years of professional work experience
• Applicants must demonstrate leadership qualities -- including volunteer experience and involvement in their communities
• Applicants must have excellent English communication skills
• Applicants must present three letters of recommendation from their professors and/or employers. Two from professors and one from an employer is highly recommended.
• Applicants must submit two application essays (a Personal Statement and a Study Research Objectives) with clear goals, well-reasoned statements describing why a specific academic track is the best fit, and tying their academic plans to longer term professional goals
• Applicants must be committed to returning to his or her country of citizenship and outline a specific plan for using their Fulbright experience in their professional lives and in service to his or her country
• Strong preference will be given to applicants who have not had extensive or recent experience in the United States
How to apply
This scholarship can only be applied online on the link below.
If you are new applicant, make sure to create an account the Scholarship website on the link above. If you are existing applicant, login and upload your transcripts.
For more information about the Fulbright Scholarship program, please visit http://eca.state.gov/Fulbright.
Step 1: Determine eligibility. Read the instructions carefully. Before you apply, be sure that you qualify.
Step 2: Create an Embark account with a valid e-mail address athttps://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/20/. You do not have to complete the entire application in one sitting; you can continue the application later using your Embark account information.
Step 3: Start and complete all sections of the online application. For helpful hints, please refer to the tips for success section on the top right of this page.
• Be sure to select the 2017-2018 Fulbright Graduate Scholarship cycle on section 11 of the online application.
• Applicants are not required to take any of the standardized tests in order to submit the application. The scholarship finalist and alternate candidates will receive test vouchers from the U.S. Embassy to complete the required tests as part of the candidate's preparation for U.S. university admission. In section 24, applicants may list the following dates to indicate when he or she plans to take the tests: For the TOEFL and GRE, please list June/2016.
• Request letters of recommendations and provide all relevant instructions to professors and employers with the date by which they need to be completed. It is your responsibility to ensure they complete the letters on time towards your application.
• Your essays are the most important part of your application. Plagiarism - the unfair use of the words and ideas of others - will not be tolerated and can lead to disqualification from the Fulbright program. Please review the advice titled "Focus on Your Essays" on the top right section of this page under "Tips for Success."
Step 4: Submit your online application before Friday, May 27, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (23:59) according to local time of Vanuatu time. Late applications will not be accepted.
Opens March and closes end of May each year (annually)