Here is a great scholarship opportunity for Students from New Zealand. This scholarship is for New Zealand Students to study in the United States of America. The scholarship is called Fulbright New Zealand General Graduate Awards.
Fulbright New Zealand was established in 1948 by Treaty between the governments of New Zealand and the United States to promote international understanding by the establishment of educational and cultural exchanges.
Fulbright New Zealand General Graduate Awards are for promising New Zealand graduate students to undertake postgraduate study or research at US institutions in any field.
This scholarship is for Masters Program
To be eligible, you must:
• have completed the equivalent of four years full-time study at tertiary level and obtained a bachelor's degree by the time you take up your award, but not yet hold a doctoral degree;
• plan to undertake full-time postgraduate study or research at a US institution for a period of at least six months; and
• meet the citizenship requirements of this award. Preference for Fulbright graduate awards is given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright graduate award, or had extensive recent experience in the US (ie. have not studied, taught, researched or worked in the US for a period aggregating more than nine months/one academic year during the past five years).
How do students apply?
• You must complete and submit the official online application for the Foreign Fulbright Program by the application deadline* * Note that if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, the deadline is extended to 5:00pm on the next business day.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
• Interviews will be held in Wellington in September. Fulbright New Zealand will pay the costs of travel to Wellington only for applicants residing in New Zealand. • Applicants outside New Zealand who are unable to attend an interview in person may be disadvantaged; • We will advise you of the outcome of your application in early October.
Please download and refer to the instructions document within the online application, and refer to it as you complete your application for detailed guidance about what is and isn’t required from individual New Zealand applicants.
Who else has information about this award?
Tertiary institutions' scholarships, research and careers offices, and university-based Fulbright Campus Advisers.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Fulbright New Zealand
PO Box 3465
Phone: +64 4 494 1500
Due date :
Opens : 01/08/annually
5pm, 1 August annually (or next business day)
Next : Massey University Masterate Scholarships For Maori Students
Disclaimer: The information contained on this page has been sourced through a third party and the data has been used for illustration purposes and information only. This scholarship data is approximate in nature and subject to change. Please confirm any information with the scholarship provider.Share this Post on Social Media
New Zealand Scholarships
There are fantastic Scholarship Opportunities in New Zealand. International Students can apply for this scholarships.
Please note that we do not represent the scholarships providers and we are not able to provide advice on scholarship eligibility. All inquiries must be forwarded to the scholarship providers. Their contacts are often listed on the posts we make. Comments submitted with questions about availability of scholarships or eligibility for specific nationalities will not be posted or provided with a response. Full Terms and Conditions relating to Comments are available on the Legal page.