Subject Area: Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; and the Schulich School of Business.
Provider: York University, Canada
Application Deadline: Mid March (annual)
To be considered for International Scholarships & Awards, you must:
• Submit a formal application for undergraduate admission to York University either by the OUAC website or York online application for September entry.
• Be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada.
• Be nominated for the award(s) by your high school. Note that a student can be nominated for more than one award, however only one nominee per school will be considered for each award.
• Be entering directly from high school (no more than two years after graduation) to the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree program in one of the following Faculties: Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; and the Schulich School of Business.
• Possess an excellent academic record (“A” average or equivalent) and have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports or other areas of individual achievement.
• Submit required application documentation. Refer to the “Required Supporting Documentation” checklist on the application form
• Specific to York’s United World College Scholarship: You must be enrolled in or must have graduated within the past two years from a United World College to qualify for this scholarship.
Who Can Apply: International students
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: $68,000 ($17,000 x 4 years)
United World College Scholarship $112,000 ($28,000 x 4 years)
International Entrance Scholarships: $112,000 ($28,000 x 4 years)
All scholarships above are renewable for three years of full-time undergraduate study, provided high academic standing is maintained in each academic year.
How to Apply: To apply, you must submit the scholarship application form together with supporting documentation (listed in the form) to the University.