This North Carlolina State University Scholarship is introduced by The North Carolina Textile Foundation (NCTF) as a part of the College of Textiles to students on the basis of academic achievement in high school.
The College of Textiles aims to provide financial assistance to students and to promote all types of textile education and research at NC State University.
Course Level: North Carlolina State University Scholarship is available to pursue an Undergraduate degree.
Study Subject: North Carlolina State University Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Centennial Scholarship is awarded to students according to the following criteria:
- ITT Centennial Scholarship – $95,500 over four years
- $22,000 yearly for four years
- 1 awarded per year
- Kimbrell Centennial Scholarship – $87,500 over four years
- $20,000 yearly for four years
- 1 awarded per year
- Centennial Scholarship – $67,500 over four years
- $15,000 yearly for four years
- Up to 8 per year
- All Centennial Scholarship recipients will receive $7,500 in enrichment funds that can be used for study abroad, leadership programs, career and professional development opportunities or other approved enrichment activities.
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available to US students only.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Apply for fall, the first-year admission into a baccalaureate program at NC State by the Early Action deadline, October 15.
- At every stage of the selection process, the Centennial Scholarship selection committees evaluate candidates on the following criteria: academic achievement throughout high school, proven and potential leadership qualities, active participation in extracurricular activities, unique experiences and a passion for the textile industry.
How to Apply:
- The first stage of the selection process is a thorough review of each candidate’s application. To be considered for the Centennial Scholarship, you must submit all materials – including both the application for admission to NC State and the Centennial Application – by the dates listed above.
- The second stage of the selection process is the reading process. All completed applications will be distributed to reading teams, who will submit ratings according to the selection criteria. Applicants are then notified of their status in mid-December.
- The third stage of the selection process is the finalist interview weekend. Finalists will be notified and invited to attend the Centennial Scholars weekend and interview, typically in late January. The top-ranked candidates from the interview process will be offered Centennial Scholarships. The next highest ranked candidates will be offered the NCTF Distinguished Merit Scholarships and the NCTF Prestige Scholarships following.
- There is only one application for all scholarships for incoming freshmen students, by submitting an application for the Centennial Scholarship students have also applied for the NCTF Distinguished Merit and Prestige Scholarships.
Scholarship Due date: Application Deadline: December 01, 2018
Next : Iceland Government Scholarships