The aim of the scholarship offers excellent opportunities for highly motivated students with a quantitative orientation to pursue their doctoral degree in Business, Economics and the Social Sciences.
The Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences (GESS) is unique in Germany and one of the few graduate schools worldwide which foster the exchange of ideas, methods, and approaches to research across the boundaries of the economic and the social sciences.
Scholarships are available to pursue Doctoral degree programme.
Fields of Study: Scholarships are awarded in Business, Economics and the Social Sciences. Within our three Doctoral Centers university offer 11 Ph.D. Programs:
Center for Doctoral Studies in Business (CDSB)
- Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Center for Doctoral Studies in Economics (CDSE)
- Political Science
Number of Scholarships: Up to 45 scholarships will be offered to the best applicants.
Scholarship Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Scholarship Entry requirements
- Master’s degree (research oriented) or excellent Bachelor’s degree in the respective field
- Letter of motivation explaining why you want to join one of our programs
- Two letters of recommendation from university professors
- Test scores Business Program: GMAT or GRE (preferably GMAT)
- Economics Program: GRE
- Social Sciences Program: TOEFL
- Writing sample (e.g. a paper you have written during your studies)
How to apply for these scholarships
The application process for this scholarship is Online: Follow the links below for the online application process.
Apply Online or visit: Official website
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is March 31, 2018.
Next Scholarship: Computer Society Computer Science Scholarships at ECU in Australia