Study in China on fully funded Scholarship. The Great Wall Chinese Government Scholarship is now open for International students. The Great Wall Scholarship Program is established by MOE for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to sponsor students and scholars in developing countries to study and conduct research in China.
This Scholarship is available for general Scholars and Senior Scholars.
Field of Study
Any field of Study
The Great Wall Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
This scholarship covers, in general, one academic year of study.
Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency are required to get the approval from both CSC and UNESCO for one academic year Chinese language study.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
Where to Apply
You should apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country.
When to Apply
You need to apply between early January and early April. Please consult the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for the specific deadline of each year.
Step 1 - Apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for CGS opportunity;
Step 2 - Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by UNESCO as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate;
Step 3 - Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number;
Step 4 - Submit all your application documents to the National Commission for UNESCO in your home country before the deadline.
Only applications of recommended candidates from UNESCO will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
Application Documents (in duplicate)
All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 6.1 to 6.9.
You should submit TWO sets of bound documents.
No application documents will be returned.
Placement & Scholarship Confirmation
1. Application documents of recommended candidates from UNESCO will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university's teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.
3. After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship recipients will get Chinese government scholarships to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
4. CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients and sends the admission documents to the permanent delegation of P. R. China to UNESCO before July 31st. The permanent delegation of P. R. China to UNESCO will send the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the scholarship recipients.
5. Scholarship recipients shall not allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
Contact information of UNESCO
Mr. Jhaycee Manansala (Fellowship Program Section, UNESCO)Tel: +331-45681417
IX Contact information of CSC
Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina; www.campuschina.org
Address: Division of International Students Affairs, China Scholarship Council
Level 13, Building A3, No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue, Beijing, P.R. China.
Apply Now or visit : Official Website
Scholarship due date is in early April annually
Next : New Zealand Government Scholarships For International Students For 2021
Share this Scholarship article on your social network!
Disclaimer: The listings provided on this website are for information and promotional purposes only. This site does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. Relevant links to the Official Scholarship providers websites are available on this post.