Here is a great scholarship opportunity for International students to study Medicine in the United States of America. The American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine is providing International Physician Scholarship for International students to study in the USA.
The purpose of the scholarship is to educate physicians and practice settings to achieve high levels of competency in hospice and palliative medicine.
American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) is the professional organization for physicians specializing in hospice and palliative medicine, nurses, and other healthcare providers. Since 1988, the Academy has dedicated itself to advancing hospice and palliative medicine and improving the care of patients with serious illness.
The scholarship is available for physicians.
- Post Graduate
Area of Study: The scholarship is awarded in the field of medicine.
Scholarship Benefits: This scholarship program provides financial support (up to $5,000) to scholarship recipients to cover ordinary costs associated with attending the Annual Assembly registration and travel-related expenses, including air fare, taxi fare, meals, and lodging. At the Annual Assembly, scholarship recipients will gain access to the latest clinical information and research updates in hospice and palliative care from leading experts in the field.
Numbers of Scholarships: Varies
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Members of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine AAHPM (free virtual membership is available to physicians who reside in a developing nation as defined by the World Bank as “lower or middle income” & HINARI list of eligible countries)
- Have not previously attended the Annual Assembly
- Are junior in their career with 2-10 years of experience primarily in palliative care., including as a resident or fellow focused on studying palliative care.
- Whose organizations are considered least able to afford this opportunity?
Nationality: Applicants of Armenia, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bangladesh, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Kyrgyz Republic, Sudan, Bolivia, LaoPDR, Swaziland, Cabo Verde, Lesotho, Syrian Arab Republic, Cambodia, Mauritania, Tajikistan, Cameroon, Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Timor-Leste, Congo Rep., Moldova, Tonga, Côte d’Ivoire, Mongolia, Tunisia, Djibouti, Morocco, Ukraine, Egypt, Arab Rep., Myanmar, Uzbekistan, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Vanuatu, Ghana, Nigeria , Vietnam, Guatemala, Pakistan, West Bank and Gaza, Honduras, Papua New Guinea , Yemen, India, Philippines,Zambia ,Indonesia, Samoa, Kenya and São Tomé and Principe can apply for the scholarship.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be physicians.
English Language Requirement: Applicants need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply for this Scholarship: Applicants can apply via email.
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV) – 2-page limit
- Prepare a one-page letter of recommendation and support from your supervisor or person of authority in your organization on your organization’s letterhead
- Complete the application in one of two ways:
- Complete the online application OR
- Download the application and submit the application, CV, and letter of recommendation to alundberg-at-aahpm.org.
Go to Official Website
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 21, 2017.
Next Scholarship: Griffith Health Excellence Bachelor of Dental Health Science Scholarships in Australia
Share this Scholarship article on your social network!
Disclaimer: The listings provided on this website are for information and promotional purposes only. This site does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. Relevant links to the Official Scholarship providers websites are available on this post.
These are the latest Scholarship Opportunities for International Students to study abroad. You can subscribe for latest updates on the subscribe form placed below.
Subscribe To Get FREE Scholarships Alerts!
Search for Scholarships