The aim of the scholarship is to provide an opportunity for developing, comprehensive research skills throughout the mining chain – from exploration, and mining, processing and metal production, to recovery after stopping mining activities.
About University: The Lulea University of Technology is one of Europe’s leading universities in mining and metallurgy. The Lulea University of Technology is actively working on equality and diversity that contributes to a creative study- and work environment.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue research programme.
Field of Study: Mining and Rock Engineering
Eligibility Criteria: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Eligible candidates for this post as a doctoral student must hold a Master of Science in Mining Engineering with a strong interest in data analysis or a Master of Science in Computer Engineering with a strong interest in Mining Engineering or equivalent education and background in relevant subjects.An individual fulfills the general eligibility requirements for the third-cycle educational programme when he or she 1) has completed a second-cycle degree, 2) has completed higher education courses worth at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 are for second-cycle courses, or 3) in some other manner, in this country or abroad, has acquired the equivalent qualifications.
Evaluation criteria’s: In addition to good grades in relevant subjects from the undergraduate degree, the following selection criteria will be used;
- Good knowledge, skills and interest in computerised data analysis and model development.
- Good knowledge and interest in mining and mining-related experience is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in and ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multilingual environment.
- Excellent skills in English writing.
- Knowledge of Swedish to communicate in industrial projects is valued.
- The Lulea University of Technology, the PhD student will conclude a licentiate degree halfway through their studies. PhD students will be offered a position for maximum 5 years (including 20% teaching and division duties).
How to apply for this scholarship: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
The application should include a CV, personal letter and copies of verified diplomas from high school and universities. Your application, including diplomas, must be written in English or Swedish. Apply online below.
Online Application or visit Official Website
Deadline: November 30, 2017
Next Scholarship : GESS Doctoral Scholarships at University of Mannheim in Germany