The New Zealand Government provides scholarships for international students to study in any of the Universities in New Zealand. Usually international students from eligible countries are invited to apply for this scholarship. The scholarships provides tuition fees, economy return tickets, family reunion tickets, living stipends, book allowances, settling allowances, research allowances. The scholarship is called New Zealand Development Scholarships and it is provided yearly.
Purpose of award
The purpose of the scholarships is for candidates to gain knowledge and skills through post-graduate study in speific subject areas which will assist in the development of their home country. Awardees are required to return to their home country for at least two years after the completion of their scholarship to apply these new skills and knowledge in government, civil society, or private business organisations.
Applications are welcome from students from the following eligible countries:
* Latin America
* The Caribbean
Applicants must meet the following New Zealand Development Scholarship eligibility criteria before their application will be considered against the selection criteria, including any region-specific criteria.
To be eligible to be considered for a New Zealand Development Scholarship, applicants must:
* be a citizen of a New Zealand Development Scholarship participating country ( permanent residents are not eligible to apply)
* be residing in their country of citizenship, preferably for at least two years prior to application
* not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand or Australia or another developed country*
* not be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds, or who is eligible to hold, citizenship or permanent residence of New Zealand, Australia or another developed country
* be aged 17 or over before the scholarship start date
* be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for one already commenced in New Zealand or another country
* not have completed, or nearly completed, a qualification at a similar level (i.e. applicants must apply for a higher level qualification than any previously attained), unless strong developmental relevance is demonstrated
* satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand education institution at which the qualification is to be undertaken, including English language criteria
* have been working in their home country, preferably for at least two years prior to application, including since completing their highest tertiary qualification gained to date
* be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the public or private or community sector (as relevant) of their home country, and to their country's development in general
* be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered.
Number of awards offered
Refer to Funder
Tenure of award
Up to four years
Closing dates for applications
Application processes and timelines can vary depending on the country.
How to apply
Application processes and timelines can vary depending on the country. interested students can get more information and application for on the site provided below. For information about the application process please see the scholarship information page for your home country. http://www.aid.govt.nz/funding-and-contracts/scholarships/eligible-countries
Share this Scholarship article on your social network!
Disclaimer: The listings provided on this website are for information and promotional purposes only. This site does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. Relevant links to the Official Scholarship providers websites are available on this post.
These are the latest Scholarship Opportunities for International Students.You can subscribe for latest updates on the subscribe form placed below.
Subscribe To Get FREE Scholarships Alerts!
Search for Scholarships