New Zealand Development Scholarships
The New Zealand Government provides scholarships for international students to study in any of the Universities in New Zealand. Usually international students from eligible countries are invited to apply for this scholarship. The scholarships provides tuition fees, economy return tickets, family reunion tickets, living stipends, book allowances, settling allowances, research allowances. The scholarship is called New Zealand Development Scholarships and it is provided yearly.
Purpose of award
The purpose of the scholarships is for candidates to gain knowledge and skills through post-graduate study in speific subject areas which will assist in the development of their home country. Awardees are required to return to their home country for at least two years after the completion of their scholarship to apply these new skills and knowledge in government, civil society, or private business organisations.
Applications are welcome from students from the following eligible countries:
* Latin America
* The Caribbean
Applicants must meet the following New Zealand Development Scholarship eligibility criteria before their application will be considered against the selection criteria, including any region-specific criteria.
To be eligible to be considered for a New Zealand Development Scholarship, applicants must:
* be a citizen of a New Zealand Development Scholarship participating country ( permanent residents are not eligible to apply)
* be residing in their country of citizenship, preferably for at least two years prior to application
* not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand or Australia or another developed country*
* not be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds, or who is eligible to hold, citizenship or permanent residence of New Zealand, Australia or another developed country
* be aged 17 or over before the scholarship start date
* be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for one already commenced in New Zealand or another country
* not have completed, or nearly completed, a qualification at a similar level (i.e. applicants must apply for a higher level qualification than any previously attained), unless strong developmental relevance is demonstrated
* satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand education institution at which the qualification is to be undertaken, including English language criteria
* have been working in their home country, preferably for at least two years prior to application, including since completing their highest tertiary qualification gained to date
* be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the public or private or community sector (as relevant) of their home country, and to their country's development in general
* be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered.
Number of awards offered
Refer to Funder
Tenure of award
Up to four years
Closing dates for applications
Application processes and timelines can vary depending on the country.
How to apply
Application processes and timelines can vary depending on the country. interested students can get more information and application for on the site provided below. For information about the application process please see the scholarship information page for your home country. http://www.aid.govt.nz/funding-and-contracts/scholarships/eligible-countries
Share this Scholarship article on your social network!
Disclaimer: The listings provided on this website are for information and promotional purposes only. This site does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. Relevant links to the Official Scholarship providers websites are available on this post.
Lydia Shirlvina Esau
12/14/2014 08:32:27 am
I want to be considered for Masters study in Tourism & Hospitality course for 2015.
4/24/2016 02:53:06 am
I more interested in getting my Degree in Aircraft engineer course for 2017
9/3/2016 09:11:02 pm
I'm interested in masters in Nursing courses in 2017 or 2018.
9/5/2016 03:29:40 am
11/23/2016 07:15:54 am
Under graduate who wish to futher my education if you could offer me a schollarship,am interested in law
11/23/2016 03:38:11 pm
I am interested in getting a degree in Analytical Chemistry.
Freda K. Woktamol
12/19/2016 10:16:35 pm
I have a Diploma in Public Sector Management and completed a prerequisite of Advanced Diploma in Research Management. I am interested to continue to get my Masters.
7/26/2017 01:46:42 am
I am an Environmental Health Officer and would like to take up a degree course in Environmental Health Sciences.
7/30/2017 11:55:11 pm
12/10/2018 10:20:25 am
I just finished my grade 12 and wish to further my education if you could offer me a scholarship ,I am interested in geography
1/21/2019 02:38:23 pm
Hie. I am interested in studying pharmacy in your country being funded by your scholarship.I am a boy aged 19.
2/24/2019 07:30:18 pm
Kia ora. I am Fredrick.Which Universities in New Zealand offers courses in Good governance and leadership, Social work and community development. Can you also provides subjects taken for these topics per semester.
2/26/2019 11:22:26 am
Kia ora. I am Fredrick and I am interested in the Executive Education programs which the University of Auckland offers. I believed it's a short term course and would like to know if this course be on next year 2020.Would you please advice me about the period of this program next year. I particularly interested in Communication and engagement, Leadership development, Managing people and teams, Operations and Project Management, and Strategy and Innovation. I believed this course will help me a lot in my job which I will contribute to the development of my country. Please advice me also if scholarship if available for this course
5/25/2019 07:15:34 pm
I have recently done my +2 level so for further study I want to be there if you could provide me scholarship for better education.
John I Oaniu
9/29/2019 02:27:00 pm
I hold a degree in applied chemistry and I want to study chemical engineering degree.
RANDRIATSIMAMETRA Mirantsoa François Ludovic
11/5/2019 02:21:15 am
Hi! My name is Francis, this is my information about a registration:
8/12/2021 06:28:49 pm
My son is graduating in December 2021, from Senior high school.
11/8/2021 04:58:41 pm
I am Peter Nguna from Papua New Guinea.
1/28/2022 06:26:45 am
Hi, I am looking for scholarship for my daughter to do bachelor's degree on international law. She was studying in China as a self sponsored student but returned home due to covid-19. I am looking fir a scholarship for her to continue her studies. Appreciate if you can advise if it's possible so she can lodge in her application. Thank you and God bless
4/23/2022 07:03:37 am
Can a Nigeria citizen apply for this scholarship
7/29/2022 10:57:56 am
I need a scholarship to study mechanical engineering for master degree
3/31/2023 05:54:07 am
Hi My name is Chidozie and I would like to study Nursing
4/26/2023 05:29:19 pm
Leave a Reply.
These are the latest Scholarship Opportunities for International Students to study abroad. You can subscribe for latest updates on the subscribe form placed below.