New Zealand Pacific Scholarships are great opportunities for students from the Pacific region to study in New Zealand. This scholarships are provided for students from the Pacific region to study in any universities in New Zealand.
Purpose of Scholarships
The New Zealand Pacific Scholarship recognizes the very close personal, cultural and economic ties that New Zealand enjoys with Pacific countries. A particular focus of the scheme is to increase the number of young students and high academic achievers studying in New Zealand and to build a new generation of Pacific Leadership with strong links to New Zealand.
Applications for New Zealand Pacific Scholarships are welcome from the following countries:
* Cook Islands * Federated States of Micronesia * Kiribati * Marshall Islands Fiji * Nauru * Niue * Palau * Papua New Guinea * Samoa * Solomon Islands * Tonga * Tuvalu and Vanuatu. New Caledonia
General eligibility criteria:
* be a citizen of one of the eligible countries and have resided in that country for at least two years at the time of application
* not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Australia or another developed country; or be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds or is eligible to hold New Zealand, Australian or another developed country citizenship or permanent residence status (applicants who are New Zealand citizens from the Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau and dual citizens of Samoa are exempt from this requirement)
* be aged 17 years or over before the scholarship start date
* not hold or have held a New Zealand Government or Australia Government scholarship in the preceding 24 months at the time of application
* be commencing a new study or training programme, and not be seeking support for a training or degree programme already commenced in New Zealand or another country
* not have completed, or nearly completed, a qualification or training programme at a similar academic level unless strong developmental relevance is demonstrated
* be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered
* satisfy the admission requirements of the education institution at which the study programme is to be undertaken (including that institution's English language proficiency criteria)
* (for those applying directly from secondary school) have completed their senior schooling in their country of citizenship
* (for in-service applicants) have been working in their country of citizenship, preferably for at least two years prior to application
* be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to their home country's public, private or civil society sector (as relevant), and to the development of their home country in general.
Applications are particularly welcomed from young people 24 years and under, strong academic performers and those with leadership potential.
Number of awards offered Each country has a specific number of awards for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
see 'Additional Information'
Tenure of Scholarships
Up to four years
Closing dates for applications Dates vary please visit www.aid.govt.nz/scholarships/
How to Apply
Information on New Zealand Pacific Scholarships, including the application process, deadlines and the list of participating New Zealand education institutions, is available on the scholarships pages of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade's New Zealand Aid Programme website:
Share this Scholarship article on your social network!
Disclaimer: The listings provided on this website are for information and promotional purposes only. This site does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. Relevant links to the Official Scholarship providers websites are available on this post.
These are the latest Scholarship Opportunities for International Students to study abroad. You can subscribe for latest updates on the subscribe form placed below.
Subscribe To Get FREE Scholarships Alerts!
Search for Scholarships