There is a scholarship opportunity of International students as well as local students to study at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand. This scholarship is called the University of Canterbury Masters's Scholarship.
Purpose of award
To provide for a living allowance and tuition fees, each to a value determined by the Council.
An applicant must have met the academic requirements for enrollment in the relevant thesis, dissertation, research project, creative work or performance by 10 December for those who apply by 15 October, or by 17 July for those who apply by 15 May.
Candidates may apply once only for a Master's Scholarships for the same degree.
Number of awards offered
Current value is $12,000 per annum, plus tuition fees ( NZ domestic rate)
Tenure of award
Closing dates for applications
Mid July and October annually
This scholarship supports students for study towards a research master’s degree at the University of Canterbury.
1. The scholarship provides tuition fee support as specified in Note 1.
2. The scholarship is available in two rounds each year (see clause 6).
3. The scholarship is tenable by full-time and part-time students engaged in a qualifying project comprising a single thesis, dissertation, research project, creative work or performance, with a credit weighting in the range 90–120 points (0.75–1.00 EFTS), 2 towards a master’s degree at the University of Canterbury.
4. The scholarship is awarded by the Council of the University of Canterbury on the recommendation of a Selection Committee comprising a. the Dean of Postgraduate Research (or nominee); and b. members of the Postgraduate Committee.
5. In making the recommendations, the Committee will consider academic achievement.
6. Applications for the scholarship must be made to the University of Canterbury Scholarships Office, on the approved form available from the Scholarships website, 3 no later than 5pm on 15 May or 5pm on 15 October, or, if either is not a business day, by 5pm on the next business day. The application form is available for download approximately eight weeks before a closing date. Applications may be submitted by electronic mail, but original or certified transcripts in support of such applications must be received by postal or courier mail by the Scholarships Office prior to the applicable closing date. Late applications will not be accepted.
7. Candidates may apply only once for a University of Canterbury Master’s Scholarship. 8. To be eligible for a scholarship, an applicant must have met the academic requirements for enrolment in the qualifying project by 10 December (for those who apply by 15 October), or 15 July (for those who apply by 15 May).
How to apply
Every offer of a scholarship will lapse if it is not accepted in writing by 15 February in the year following application for those who apply by 15 October, and by 30 September for those who apply by 15 May.
Every scholar must take up the scholarship by 31 March in the year following application, if the student applied by 15 October, or by 30 October if the student applied by 15 May, although in exceptional cases the Academic Board may extend these times by a period not exceeding six months.
visit the Official Website and download the application form. Apply Now
Share this Scholarship article on your social network!
Disclaimer: The listings provided on this website are for information and promotional purposes only. This site does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. Relevant links to the Official Scholarship providers websites are available on this post.
These are the latest Scholarship Opportunities for International Students.You can subscribe for latest updates on the subscribe form placed below.
Subscribe To Get FREE Scholarships Alerts!
Search for Scholarships