The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc).
The University of Twente is a university located in Enschede, Netherlands. It offers research and degree programmes in the social and behavioral sciences and in engineering. In keeping with its entrepreneurial spirit, the University is committed to making economic and social contribution to the region of the Netherlands where it is based.
Applicants comply with the general English language test requirement academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the sub score of speaking skills are eligible to apply.
Scholarships are available for pursuing masters programme at the University of Twente.
Field of Study: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields taught at the university to help students upgrade their education.
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarship has a value of € 3,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 30 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below. Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees).
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 50 scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
In order to be eligible for the University of Twente Scholarship, the applicant should meet all the requirements below.
- Applicant have to include a motivation letter in their application (250 – 500 words). This motivation letter explains:
- What they have studied in the past;
- What goal they want to reach through their study at UT;
- How they plan to receive this goal;
- Why they particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- Applicant comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- Applicant comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- Applicant is not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- Applicant have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
- Applicant may already apply for a UTS even if they have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, they must complete their pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements. UTS benefits and support are explicitly for Master’s programmes, not for pre-master programmes. Please note: If they intend to start their master’s programme in September 2017 and are required to follow a pre-master programme, the pre-master should start in February 2017 at the latest.
Students of EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries (except Dutch) can apply for these University Twente Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must complete their pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS.
English Language Requirement: Applicants required General English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.
The mode of applying is online. In order to apply for this scholarship, applicant must already need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master programmes.
Apply Online or Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
Applications close: May 1, 2018
Similar Scholarships >> International Full Fee Scholarships at University of Adelaide in Australia