The aim of the scholarship is to support international students who have completed at least one year of graduate work (master’s or doctoral level) before the start of tenure; tenure may begin on May 1st or September 1st.
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, its first president. Its enabling legislation is the Post-secondary Learning Act.
Scholarship is available for Doctoral programme or thesis research.
Field of Study: Scholarship is awarded in all the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: $35,000 a year, in addition to the International Graduate Student Differential Fee associated with registration in 18 fee index units (or equivalent) in courses or thesis research during the Fall and Winter Terms, or in Thesis 919, if applicable, or with the annual program fee as determined by the date of admission to the doctoral program. Recipients receive a certificate acknowledging their award. Subject to renewal in year two of the award.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed at least one year of graduate work (master’s or doctoral level) before start of tenure.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply for this scholarship
- Students complete the combined Killam and Andrew Stewart Awards application form and submit supporting documents to their department.
- A complete Killam and Andrew Stewart Awards Application includes:
- For Applicants: Killam and Andrew Stewart Applicant Instructions.
- Killam and Andrew Stewart Application Form.
- Two Letter of Reference to Support Application for Graduate Awards.
- Transcripts (if you have attended institutions other than the University of Alberta, copies of official transcripts are acceptable.
- Please request these well in advance from your department or the department may request it from FGSR, if necessary)
Download Application Form or Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
Related Scholarships : University of Twente Scholarships in Netherlands for International Students