Study in Canada on this awesome scholarship. Killam Memorial funding through the Killam Trusts at the University of Alberta in Canada is now open for International Students and domestic students (canadian). The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects offered at the University of Alberta Canada.
The $400 million Killam Trusts are among Canada's largest and most prestigious endowments for scholarly activities. The Killam Bequest has provided more than $60 million to the University of Alberta.
The scholarships are available for students to undertake PhD level programs at University of Alberta Canada.
Area of study
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
In any field of Study offered by the University of Alberta.
International students as well as Canadian national are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The award is valued at up to $45,000 a year for 2 years (subject to renewal in year two of the award), plus any applicable International Graduate Differential Fee. Recipients will also receive a certificate acknowledging their award.
*Renewals must meet eligibility requirements and submit a request in GSMS Awards Portal six weeks before the end of year one funding.
• Offered to outstanding students registered in, or admissible to, a doctoral program
• No restrictions on citizenship. All fields are eligible for funding
• Applicants must have completed at least one year of graduate work (master's or doctoral level) before start of tenure; tenure may begin on May 1st or September 1st
• As the Killam Scholarship is offered for a two-year period (subject to review after the first year), applicants should anticipate being registered in doctoral program for at least 18 months (as of May 2023) and should have completed no more than 48 months in the doctoral program as of December 31 to apply
Additional information regarding eligibility criteria can be found in the Applicant Instructions document below. Please note that the GPA for current graduate students is calculated using the current graduate program graded course work. For newly admitted graduate students or current graduate students who have no graded course work to date, the admission gpa will be used.
Application Procedure: Applicants must complete the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship application form and ensure that this form and all other supporting documents are submitted to the department by departmental deadline to be considered for both the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship and the Dorothy J Killam Memorial Graduate Prize.
For Applicants: Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship Applicant Instructions
A complete Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship Application includes:
1. Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship Application Form
2. Two Letters of Reference to Support Application for Graduate Awards Form must be completed and signed by each applicant’s referees. A confidential letter of reference may accompany the standard letter of reference form, but may not replace such.
3. Post-Secondary Official Transcripts
• All post-secondary transcripts are required and must be complete and up-to-date ie show all coursework and grades, and conferral of any degrees
• All transcripts, other than University of Alberta transcripts, must be official.
Note: Once application has been submitted to FGSR by the department, no revisions will be permitted.
Apply Now or visit : Official Website
Scholarship due date.
Each department sets its own internal deadline for receipt of applications. Applicants are encouraged to apply early and order required transcripts as soon as possible. Applicants must contact their department for departmental deadline.
Deadline for Departments to submit nominations via GSMS Awards Portal is
March 15 at 4:00 PM
Next : Post Graduate Scholarships At The University Of Auckland In New Zealand
Share this Scholarship article on your social network!
Disclaimer: The listings provided on this website are for information and promotional purposes only. This site does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. Relevant links to the Official Scholarship providers websites are available on this post.