These scholarships are available for Undergraduate Programs
Field of Study
There are several fields that students across the world can choose to study in Japane. Some courses for the MEXT scholarship 2019-20 are mentioned below categorically.
Social Sciences & Humanities – A:
- Law, Politics
- Japanese Language.
Social Sciences & Humanities – B:
- Business Administration
Natural Sciences – A: (Engineering Degrees)
- Mechanical Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture
- Electric and Electronic Studies
- Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Civil Engineering
- Architecture Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Chemical Studies
- Applied Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Chemistry
Other Fields (Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Biotechnology)
Natural Sciences – B:
- Agricultural Studies
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Science
- Veterinary Medicine
- Food Science & Fisheries
- Hygienic Studies
Natural Sciences – C:
No IELTS or TOEFL required also no problem if you don’t know the Japanese language. So many scholarships are for offered under this program which is a great opportunity for students to complete their higher education in Japan.
Selected Students Under MEXT 2020 Undergraduate Scholarships will get Round Trip Airfare Tickets by MEXT Japanese undergraduate scholarship.
- A monthly Stipend of 117,000 yen (About 1050 US Dollars Per Month).
- A Monthly Research Regional allowance will also offer up to 3,000 yen per month for those students who will the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
- Monthly Allowances are changed each year depending upon the Japan Government Scholarships Budget.
Below is the eligibility criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2019-20.
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant with dual nationality who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside of Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan.
- The First Screening must be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country of which the applicant chooses the nationality.
- Applicants must be born between April 2, 1994 – April 1, 2002.
Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions. However, applicants desiring direct placement must satisfy either the following condition.
- Applicants who have completed 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2020 are eligible. However, applicants wishing to enroll from the autumn term through direct placement must be expected to complete 12 years of schooling by August 2020.)
- Applicants who have completed their studies at a school equivalent to a Japanese upper secondary school in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2020 are eligible.)
- Applicants who have successfully passed an academic qualification examination that is equivalent to the completion of 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2020 are eligible.)
- Knowledge of Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL is not Mandatory.
You can apply for these scholarships through Japanese Diplomat Mission in your country. Alternatively, you can apply online on the following links.
Apply Now or visit : Official Website
Deadline to Apply for MEXT Scholarship 2019-20:
13th June 2019 (annually)
Next : Standford University Scholarships Program in USA